SAN ANTONIO – This week your lunch professionals were hoping to discover a West Side diamond in the rough. But sometimes when you look in the rough, all you find is rocks.
- The agreement seems to be the Malt House is going to serve cheap food, and the customers aren’t going to expect much.
- Jerrod likes the chicken fried chicken. Our friend “Huggy Bear” say the fried chicken is good.
- The Pepsi is a perfect combination of syrup and carbonated water. The mashed hpotatoes have a very fashionable yellow color. Some might even call it “egg wash.” (editor’s note: we actually meant “egg shade.” Oops.)
- Although you can get a ¼ pound hamburger, fries and a Pepsi for $2.85. It’s not worth it.
- The chocolate malt is just a Styrofoam cup full of vanilla soft serve with chocolate sauce on top. Bob couldn’t taste anything resembling malt.
- They won’t tell you, but you’re supposed to seat yourself.
- The waitress that serves the drive up customers appears to be the only one with personality.
- The Malt House is a great place to beg for money if you’re a hobo.
- Even though it’s not on the menu, the crispy dog comes highly recommended by Yelp reviewers. It’s a hot dog wrapped in a tortilla, and then deep fried. They serve it with a package of mustard. Wait a few minutes for the grease to drain off and then the tortilla is crunchy.
- If you drive a tall vehicle, make sure you don’t bang it into the overhang.
115 S. Zarzamora St.
San Antonio, TX 78207
Got a recommendation, question, or maybe want to join us for lunch? Drop us an email at Lunchfotainment@gmail.com.
Be part of the Adventure Lunch team! Click here for details…
-Jerrod & Bob